Blue Ocean Asset Management process:
- Understand your situation, needs, constraints, and goals.
- Determine the nature of your risk capital.
- Determine the risk and return parameters of investment portfolio.
- Determine the correct type of asset(s) for the portfolio.
- Find and acquire only those assets that provide a compelling risk-adjusted expected return.
- Maintain consistent communication with you to be appraised of changes in your situation.
- Review portfolio assets to ensure investment thesis is still applicable.
- Act accordingly, if and when, investment thesis no longer applies or asset has reached price target.
Our primary approach is through separately managed accounts, which will allow for customization and better control of your tax basis and lower costs. While we believe that relying on direct ownership of individual stocks, bonds, and, where appropriate, options will provide tax advantages, higher upside capture, and/or cost clarity, we at times will rely on exchange traded funds (ETFs) or mutual funds. ETFs and mutual funds will be considered only when the size of the portfolio makes them the more prudent alternative from a diversification and risk management standpoint or when we feel they are the most effective and prudent way to gain exposure to a foreign market.